Your Privacy Notice
If after reading this notice you still have questions, please contact us at:
MembersFirst Credit Union
2476 Lawrenceville Hwy.
Decatur, GA 30033-0189
OR (404) 978-0080
Information We Collect and Disclose About You
We collect nonpublic information about you from the following sources:
• Information we receive from you on applications and other forms;
• Information about your transactions with us or others;
• Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency;
• Information obtained when verifying the information you provide on an application or other forms.
(This may be obtained from your current or past employers, or from other financial institutions where you conduct financial transactions.)
Disclosure of Information to Parties That Provide Services to Us
In order for us to conduct the business of the credit union, we may disclose all the information we collect, as described above, to companies that perform marketing services on our behalf or to other financial institutions with whom we have joint marketing agreements so that we may provide competitive products and services. We may also disclose nonpublic personal information about you as permitted by law. These disclosures typically include information to process transactions on your behalf, conduct the operations of our credit union, follow your instructions as you authorize, or protect the security of our financial records. To protect our members’ privacy, we only work with companies that agree to maintain strong confidentiality protections and limit the use of information we provide. We do not permit these companies to sell the information we provide to other third parties.
Disclosure of Information About Former Members
If you terminate your membership with MembersFirst Credit Union, we will not share information we have collected about you, except as may be permitted by law.
How We Protect Your Information
We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who need to know that information to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to guard your nonpublic personal information.
What Can You Do to Help Protect Your Privacy
The Credit Union is committed to protecting the privacy of members. Members can help by following these simple guidelines:
• Protect your account numbers, card numbers, personal identification numbers (PINs), and passwords. Never keep your PIN with your debit or credit card, as it can provide free access to your accounts if your card is lost or stolen.
• Use caution when disclosing your account numbers, social security numbers, and other personal information to other persons. If someone calls you, explains the call is on behalf of the Credit Union and asks you for your account number, you should beware. Official Credit Union staff will have access to your information and will not need to ask for it.
• Keep your information with us current. It is important that we have current information on how to reach you. If we detect potentially fraudulent or unauthorized activity or use of an account, we will attempt to contact you immediately. If your address or phone number at home or work changes, please let us know.
If you have questions concerning this notice, please do not hesitate to call us at (404) 978-0080. We are here to serve you.