Are you ready to embark on a journey toward financial wellness?
Achieving and maintaining your financial health is a life-time pursuit. We’ve outlined the 12 foundational steps toward achieving financial wellness and making it last. In each step, we’ll tackle the topic in detail to help you learn all you need to know about that particular aspect of financial health. Follow along, and at the end of the process, you’ll have mastered the tools for a lifetime of financial wellness.
- In another recent e-book, we spoke about creating goals and resolutions and how to keep them. If you didn’t get a chance to review the e-book, bookmark this page and revisit when you’re ready.
If you need a quick overview, you’re in luck! Here are the 12 Steps to Financial Wellness. Be sure to download the e-book to get an in-depth review of how to complete each step. The hardest part is getting started!
Step 1: Track Your Spending
- Use this handy worksheet!
Step 2: Create a Budget
Step 3: Pay Down Debt
- Here are 5 steps to get you started.
- Use this expense reduction worksheet to identify spending leaks.
Step 4: Talk Money with Your Partner
- Here’s how to have the money talk with your partner.
Step 5: Spend Mindfully
- Learn how to stretch your money further.
Step 6: Pay It Forward
- Use the Better Business Bureau’s Charity vetting website – Give.org
Step 7: Pay Yourself First
- Here are 4 easy steps and why you shouldn’t forget this important step.
Step 8: Know When and How to Indulge
- Consider setting goals for hefty expenses.
Step 9: Build and Maintain an Excellent Credit Score
- Credit Repair Do’s and Don’t’s
- How Your Score is Calculated
- Use annualcreditreport.com or Credit Karma to stay on top of what’s on your credit report.
Step 10: Think About Retirement
- Live in the moment or plan for the future?
- View our current deposit rates.
Step 11: Beginner Steps to Investing
- When you’re ready, choose a savings solution that’s right for you.
Step 12: Revise and Review
- If you’ve completed even half the steps above, you’re doing great! Time to reward yourself! You just might need this DIY bedazzled piggy bank to stay on track to financial wellness!
So, after reading through these steps (before even peeping one pixel of the e-book), how do you feel about getting your finances in check? Ready Rita or Anxious Annie? Either way, don’t panic! Don’t forget about our FREE Certified Credit Union Financial Counselors! That’s what we’re here for! Set up an appointment to discuss your questions or concerns at your convenience.
Here’s to (financial) health and wellness! Good luck on your journey!
Not yet a member, that’s ok! Membership is free!